Sunday, April 25, 2010

WE CAME TO OUR SENSES!!! (Cain says "Thank the Lord!")

Well since we brought Any Excuse down to MYC (Marathon Yacht Club) and we have thought things through, it is apparent to us that we should wait until April, 2011 to do the loop.  We need experience with our Hatteras before tackling such a huge venture! 

Cain is sooo thankful, he can hardly contain himself.   If you know Cain, you know that he just isn't crazy about boats.  As a matter of fact, he doesn't even want the word 'boat' in his vocabulary!  If he never saw another boat in his entire life, it would make his world.  But, seeing as we have a boat, AND, wherever we go, he goes, guess what?  Cain's gonna be boating.  He's not a happy camper, but I am very proud of my ole dog for he is tolerating Any Excuse very gracefully - or as gracefully as a dog can, if you know what I mean!  (Right Linda & Mike?)

We are currently attending the America's Great Loop Cruiser's Assoc Spring Rendezvous in Myrtle Beach, SC.  We hope to gain helpful knowledge about the Loop.  They have scheduled 4 days of information using experienced 'loopers'  as speakers to talk about all phases of the Loop. 

Next, we are going to start venturing out on small trips in Any Excuse.  Lord, give us patience.  This will be Eddie and I's time to get our duties squared away and just get the feel of her.  Eddie wants me to learn how to drive this thing.  Now you know why I just said, "Lord, give us patience".  Eddie and I just don't talk the same language when it comes to teaching me how to drive a boat or back up a boat trailer.  You probably get my drift - men are from Mars and women are from Venus - theory.  Yep, one of us may not survive!

So stay tuned to see who does and doesn't!   

No comments: